Wednesday, May 6, 2009

My favorite things...

So here's the deal...a long time ago I worked out at home to a vhs tape that I really enjoyed. I had tried everything Sweatin to The Oldies (annoying), Yoga (relaxing but I needed cardio), various dance tapes etc but there was one that was just right, a good fit for me. A good workout, tough enough without killing me, and entertaining enough to do it a few times a week without getting bored.

So we moved a while back and my husband thought we should purge lots of our stuff that we weren't using at the moment...and well....I certainly wasn't using the exercise tapes very often, so they went in the yard sale and they are probably collecting dust in someone elses house.

Anyway, I have been trying to get into an exercise routine. I am so thankful for nicer weather to walk outside in, but during the winter I tried various exercise tapes, and none of them kept my attention. Exercise is now a struggle, something I am forcing myself to do. Not fun.

So it occured to me that Bible study is the same for me. This year "A Woman's Heart: God's Dwelling Place" was so interesting to me. It was hard work and lot o f homework, but the benefits of this study were vast to me.

I've been trying to study the Bible on my own for the past few weeks since the study ended, and I'm finding it hard to be consistent. I realize I've lost my favorite study guide, and I'm almost mourning the loss. There's just something about meeting with Women of God, and discussing a great Bible lesson.

I'm missing each of you today.

No comments: