Monday, April 6, 2009

Mixed feelings...

As much as I thought this study was going to be the death of me, I wept yesterday as I turned the last page, read the last Bible passages and filled in the last blanks of our tabernacle study. I already feel strangely empty and we'll meet two more times before we are completely done.

I'm amazed that I WANT to study God's Word. For me, in the past, personal devotions were at best a forced event, where out of guilt I found and dusted off my Bible, clenched my teeth, and vowed to stay faithful and read at least one passage per day. It usually lasted less than a week, and there sat my study Bible covered in dust on the end of my dresser.

I just gotta say this, if God is not amazing and interesting enough to keep us studying and wanting more of Him, we have no one to blame but ourselves. His Word is more interesting, complex, attention grabbing, life enhancing and complete than anything ever created by any human.

Thank you God for teaching us through the tabernacle study this year. You have opened our eyes and our hearts to lessons that we needed to learn. You have created bonds between us women that we desperately needed. Convinced of the truth, that You want to dwell in me, to show your glory thru me...I am speechless, and I stand in awe of You forever.

1 comment:

Sheri said...

Yep, I thought the exact same thing! I was sad to see this end.